Eastern Capitals & the Dalmatian Riviera - Small Group, Preview 2022
Eastern Capitals & The Dalmatian Riviera – Small Group, 2022
Embark on a journey to areas of stunning natural beauty and historical significance.
- Vienna: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a drink, followed by a pleasant Welcome Dinner served with wine at a local restaurant.
- Ljubljana: Your Travel Director offers you a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening – a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Sarajevo: You are invited into a Sarajevan family home for a dinner and drinks. Savour the warm hospitality and authentic cuisine as you hear inspirational stories about their culture.
- Dubrovnik: Toast the culmination of your journey with a typical Dalmatian Coast Celebration Dinner, accompanied with wine and grappa.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfast (B), 6 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Plitvice: Join a guided tour in the Plitvice Lakes National Park as you walk along forest paths and the crystal blue-green waters. Alternatively, take time to learn about local traditions and folklore at a local community centre.
- Vienna: A private, guided exploration of Schönbrunn Palace will have all your senses tingling. Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a child prodigy.
- Sarajevo: Visit the Tunnel of Hope and hear a firsthand account of when the city was under siege for 44 months, from a resident who was privy to the city’s secret lifeline.
Make Travel Matter
- Plitvice National Park: Choose between two Make Travel Matter Experiences. Join a Local Expert to explore Plitvice National Park and learn how the site actively carries out research to monitor the natural habitat of species, or alternatively meet the industrious women of the Tara Community Centre, who produce handicrafts, enabling employment and engagement in the community.Plitvice National Park advances SDG 14: Life Below Water. The heritage site actively carries out studies to monitor and protect the natural habitat. It educates its visitors on the marine environment and best practices for a low-impact experience. Plitvice National Park also advances SDG 15: Life On Land. The heritage site participates in habitat restoration and is constantly working to protect the parks natural ecosystems and animal population. It also advances SDG 11: Sustainable cities & Communities. The staff educate their visitors about local traditions and share their personal story of the village with great passion from personal knowledge and experience.The Tara Centre advances SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities. Through it’s income the Tara Centre has built a small community centre that is used by the Tara Citizens’ Association, a collective of mostly older women, many of whom were refugees. There the women produce handicrafts which have giving them a much-needed financial and psychological boost.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, witness the beauty of the Carinthian Lakes, Plitvice National Park and the Dalmatian Coast.
- Maribor: Led by your Travel Director, explore this charming city, the second largest in Slovenia. Take a moment to appreciate the blend of old and new architecture.
- Vienna: During your orientation led by your Travel Director, travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Ljubljana: Explore this elegant capital with your Local Expert, to see the castle City Hall, Cathedral of St Nicholas and Triple Bridge.
- Trogir: See the cathedral and Renaissance Cipiko Palace during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark’s Church and the Lotršcak Tower.
- Mostar: Learn the history and symbolic significance of Stari Most and explore the old town with your Local Expert.
- Sarajevo: A Local Expert will show you the cobbled old town market where Sarajevo was founded by the Ottomans, known as Ba??ar?ija. You will also see the Gazi Husrev-beg Mosque and the Latin Bridge where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated.
- Split: Explore above and below the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s palace. A Local Expert guides you through labyrinthine streets to see St. Duje’s, the Temple of Jupiter, the Golden Gate and the Cellars.
- Medjugorje: Explore this quaint town as your Travel Director leads you on an orientation.
- Dubrovnik: As the sun descends and should the weather be favourable, enjoy a relaxing cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at schedu…
Welcome to Vienna
Exploring Stately Vienna
Maribor and Ljubljana
Exploring Lovable Ljubljana
Zagreb’s Twin Towns
Zagreb at Leisure
On to Plitvice National Park
Along the Dalmatian Coast
Mostar to Sarajevo
Sarajevo, the City of Culture
Medjugorje and Dubrovnik
Optional Montenegro Experience